Subject: Re: money=creativity?
From: Adam Chrystie <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:32:00 -0700

Conlee, Chris C.. SPC wrote:
> 
> People with expensive Alpha workstations can certain *SPEW* things all over the
> screen, but what they spew at such a rapid rate doesn't necessarily have
> anything to do with creativity.
> 
> Just a reminder...
> 
>                                         Chris Conlee
>                                         [email-masked]

  See you missed the point of my message...I think it is safe to assume that most people with an 
ALpha ARE CREATIVE users...because to afford an Alpha they must have demonstrated to someone out 
there, over and over again that they were creative enough to make the customer WANT to pay them 
again..thus, allowing the animator to go out and buy the expensive Alpha.

How much are ALpha's these days?? Around $12,000 for a good station. You think someone not creative 
enough to get clients over and over again would buy that machine? I'd say anyone who bought an Alpha 
and did not use it for 'commercial gain' had better get their head checked and rearranged. Unless 
they are utterly rich and buying an ALpha is pocket change.

Of course there are those who probably saved up money from their day job...but i'd think that they 
are the minority of Alpha users.

Of course that users client may be lame-os and just pay out money for pure crud..that's alway a 
possibility.